Author Archive | Hypebeast

Breitling Sells to CVC for $870 Million USD

CVC Capital Partners has announced the purchase of an 80% stake in Breitling. Best known for its luxury Swiss watches, Breitling’s current CEO and majority holder Theodore Schneider will re-invest into the company to hold on to the remaining 20% stake. With its watches costing anywhere between $3,000 to $255,000 USD, Breitling is one of […]

Continue Reading

#hypebeastkids: Just Don Announces Air Jordan 2 “Arctic Orange” Will Be in Kids’ Sizes Only

Chicago-based Just Don has announced its next partnership with Jordan Brand. The Air Jordan 2 “Arctic Orange” will be launching on Saturday, May 13 with sizes available in kids and grade school only. DJ Khaled shared an image of him with a light pink-hued sneakers earlier this month, forewarning us that they wouldn’t be available […]

Continue Reading

Sushi Chef Incorporates Sneakers, Streetwear and Pop Culture Icons Into His Edible Creations

Food & Wine just published an abbreviated story on “shoe-shi” chef Yujia Hu, who likes to incorporate various pop culture elements into his edible creations. Employed at Sakana Sushi — a Japanese restaurant in Milan, Italy — the young cook prepares traditionally-shaped sushi by day, but allows his personal interests to inspire his work during off-hours. The result […]

Continue Reading

A First Look at Galerie Perrotin’s Massive Lower East Side Space

Following expansions in Seoul and Tokyo, art dealer Emanuel Perrotin has unveiled his newest location in NYC’s Lower East Side, which is perhaps his most ambitious and biggest project yet. After closing the Upper East location last year, Galerie Perrotin’s team has been trying to avert the typical gallery space, locating to downtown’s more dynamic […]

Continue Reading

JAM HOME MADE Creates Jewelry Around Joy Division’s Iconic Album Art

Shortly upon releasing its latest “POST PUNK” collection, JAM HOME MADE has crafted a unique line of jewelry inspired by Joy Division’s Unknown Pleasure album cover. The familiar duo-chrome design created by graphic designer Peter Saville has been immortalized through various mediums ranging from T-shirts and 3D-printed models throughout the years. Gearing up for the […]

Continue Reading

Snoopy Plush Toys Were Graffiti’ed at the KAWS x Peanuts x Uniqlo In-Store Signing

In recent months, KAWS, Peanuts and Uniqlo have been pushing and promoting their new collaborative collection. As we previously reported, the brands even planned a special New York City in-store signing to celebrate the line’s release. With April 28 here and the weekend upon, we stopped by the Uniqlo store in SoHo, New York City […]

Continue Reading

adidas Refreshes the UltraBOOST ATR Mid in Khaki

After releasing the UltraBOOST ATR Mid in a fiery red colorway, adidas tones things down for the upcoming fall season. The latest rendition of the silhouette, which was introduced to us late last year, sees tonal light brown hues throughout the sneaker, along with matching laces. The Primeknit upper embraces a speckled design, along with […]

Continue Reading

Snatch Your Pair of adidas Originals YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 “Cream White” Available Now on GOAT

Sneaker grail reselling app GOAT has just stocked ‘Ye’s latest iteration of the adidas Originals YEEZY BOOST 350 V2 in “Cream White.” The all-white colorway omitted the ‘SPLY-350’ this time around thus making the “Cream Whites” the cleanest look of the previous six editions. While only a handful of retailers carry this coveted shoe, GOAT […]

Continue Reading

AIAIAI and Ed Banger Records Link up to Rework the TMA-2 Modular Headphone

To help commemorate its upcoming 100th release, Danish headphone maker AIAIAI have enlisted the help of Parisian electronic super label Ed Banger Records to rework the TMA-2 Modular Headphone System. Ideal for those who prefer ear-shattering sonics, the reconfiguration ensures a balanced delivery of heavy bass lines with high isolation and a centered sound stage. […]

Continue Reading

Junya Watanabe and Lacoste Join Forces on a Pair of Shirt Designs

Junya Watanabe recently aligned with acclaimed heritage brand Lacoste on a pair of shirt designs. The eccentric Japanese imprint reimagines Lacoste’s iconic crocodile logo by applying a printed graphic of the savage creature on the bottom portion of a clean white T-shirt. The second is a traditional polo-style pullover with the activewear brand’s trademark emblem […]

Continue Reading

MAGIC STICK Re-Releases Its MSCS Souvenir T-Shirt

IO of KANDYTOWN and MAGIC STICK has re-released its MSCS T-shirt, a limited edition product commemorating IO’s second solo album Mood Blue. The shirts include numbered detailing and will be available in black, white and gray in addition to khaki and white long sleeve shirts. The collection is available today, April 29. Additionally, check out […]

Continue Reading